Thursday, September 29, 2011

Here's the thing.. Bogart (BAILEY)

Bogart (Bailey) is a big ol' loving teddy bear of a dog. He is lazy, laid back and stoic. He is fun, good looking - beautiful copper-colored eyes, nearly house broken, kennel trained, gentle, fearful and loving.

He doesn't play the same way Bella does, neither is he energetic or neurotic. He is very timid but he's very comfortable and happy when he's been around you for just a little while.

He is, after all, a rescue dog from some sort of abusive situation. He is young and was not properly socialized so that meeting new people, walking through doors, walking on a leash or voluntarily getting into a car are things he has not yet learned. His kind nature makes me know that with just a little time and a human companion, these things would all become second nature for him.

He follows me all around the yard as I do my "poop patrol", licking my hand or leg. In fact, he thinks his name is "Quite licking my leg"!

He would be such a good family dog enjoying all the benefits that come with sharing time and rolling around like children.

Bottom line: I REALLY LIKE THIS DOG. I would enjoy having him as my pet and companion. The fact that I already have 3 dogs makes this an impossibility, but I believe in him and think if we could find the right "forever" home for him, there would be "one lucky human"!

Last night, I sat on the floor and played rope-toys with Bella. He watched! I love you Bogart! ❤

No comments: