Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Sept 18, 2011

It was 3 weeks yesterday that Bobo (Bailey) and Bella came to recover at my home. Mary Ellen started a hand written journal the first day and we want to write it in here but if I keep waiting, the current "stuff" will just get further and further away. So perhaps this will start a little jumpy.

I have so much to say about these wonderful dogs. In only 3 weeks, they have nearly become house broken. They are kennel trained and last night had their first experience of being in the kitchen while we cooked and dining area while we ate. They were perfect - up until they came here, they had never been in a home! Smart dogs!

We have learned so much, as Mary Ellen says, it is an hour by hour experiment and experience. The first days were spent looking for and at poop, counting how many meals they got and what time they ate. Talk about having a new baby at home, we were so unprepared. There are many really good and also stressful stories to tell. I hope Mary Ellen, Ron and Barbara will have the time to tell their impressions and experiences. I will do the best I can but Really do not want to be the "voice" of this blog. I am only a part of the story, I just have more time than the other participants!

My story for tonight is this:
I put them outside tonight about 8:30 pm intending to leave them out about 20 or 30 minutes and then outside just before bedtime at 10:15 pm.
I FORGOT THEM!
I really hate to admit this but it turned out pretty cool. At 11 pm, I went down to let them in and get them to bed. However, I had a huge dryer load to fold - we wash at least one load a day! So, I decided to leave them out to socialize for a few minutes. Bella went immediately to the 7 piled up throw rugs in the Florida room and lay down. After a couple of minutes, she came back into the kitchen and got into her kennel - YES MAM - I couldn't believe it! Bobo lay down in front of her kennel and it wasn't until I gave them their nightly cookie and said "KENNEL-UP" that I realized the door to his kennel was closed. I'd like to think he too would have "put himself" to bed!
I'm not kidding, these are really good dog, good pets and we REALLY like them!

OH, OH, OH, we have to put in the before and after photos.
The beginning of this story MUST be told!

No comments: