Monday, September 19, 2011

Ron builds a fence!

It became clear in only a few minutes that the fosters and my "girls" should-not and could-not be together. Bella is what is called "animal aggressive". She is wonderfully smart and with just a little love and training should be manageable. I don't think she will ever be docile, she is an adult and has the nature of her breed to be considered.

So, I told ME and Ron that I needed a fence to separate the side and back yards. That way, my girls could continue to use their dog doors and the outside stairs, and I could let the fosters in and out through the kitchen and garage doors.

I did not expect such immediate response, but on Day 2, she and Ron shopped, bought the supplies and installed the fence.

Without a doubt, I could not be doing this without this separation. Thank you my darlings, you are both thoughtful, loving and kind-spirited. You make me whole! You are the wind beneath my wings! You are... OH gag me, I'm just goofing with you, but the love, respect and appreciation are real!


Ron is starting the lay-out of the fence that will separate the southside back yard from the westside back yard. The fosters are giving him a measure of assistance!


Ron and Mary Ellen went to Lowe's and found this plastic fence. They choose this type of material for its portability. When the fosters are gone, it can be dismantled and saved for "the next time"!
To complete the enclosure, they covered it with heavy gauge black plastic to keep the dogs from seeing one another and also to keep any little Chihuahua heads from poking through the holes! It has been an ongoing project. Once, it fell after Bella attacked it. Fortunately, Barbara was there and we were able to put it back together. Since then, Ron has made 2 major revisions which have greatly enhanced its durability.

A learning process for sure. An hour by hour experiment and experience.

No comments: